Skip to main content

My Hope is in Jesus, not a baby

Cycle 12
Month 14
Cycle Day 9
Clomid cycle 4

Yep, that's right. Another cycle has begun.
It didn't work last cycle. The hCG shot, though able to help me ovulate sooner didn't help us achieve a pregnancy. I knew it was all over when I got 2 negative pregnancy tests 13 and 15 days after ovulation. So, I stopped the progesterone pills and my period came a few days later.

The end of last cycle was especially hard because I had allowed myself to become more hopeful that we would get it this time, that the hCG shot was somehow the magic weapon I needed to achieve pregnancy. It wasn't. It never will be. Pregnancy is truly a miracle, and the only one I know still performing miracles is the one and only Jesus Christ.

As Easter came and went so did hundreds of pictures on social media of my friends/acquaintances with their sweet babies and toddlers. They were all absolutely adorable, but they did nothing to ease the pain of another holiday without a pregnancy.

Thankfully, though, I am able to attend a wonderful church that is careful to continually preach the Gospel over me. It was at our Good Friday service that I was reminded that my hope is not in having a baby. My hope is not in achieving the all-allusive positive pregnancy test. Though it may be easy for me to lose hope each cycle, to think that I'll never become a mother, I must remain steadfast in my hope in Jesus Christ. He is my hope. He is my rescue. He is my salvation. And He is still performing miracles each and every day. That is where I am focusing on putting my hope.

Will there be times I am depressed and feel hopeless? Absolutely. (Thank you Clomid for doing nothing to help brighten my moods) Will there be times when I forget to focus my hope in Christ? Most definitely. Will there be times when I have unbelief? There have already been many and I am certain there will be many more. Does that change God's faithfulness to me? It absolutely does not. God is faithful even in my hopelessness and unbelief. And I know that, even though I can't see it now, He has a plan and is leading me on His path.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Miscarriage

They say the statistic for miscarriage is 10-25% per 100 pregnancies in the US. 1 in 4 women will experience this loss. Personally I know more women who have miscarried, some more than once, than that statistic allows. I am now part of that statistic. Friday May 26, 2017 after just over 3 years of trying to conceive we got our first ever positive pregnancy test. The test line showed up almost immediately. Of course, it was a Dollar Tree test so we had to test again with a Clear Blue digital later in the evening (after 3 years you learn to buy the cheap ones before double checking with the expensive ones.) Both tests were positive. The screen of the digital pregnancy test read positive. It was surreal. Was this really happening? After waiting so long was this dream becoming reality? Five days later the dream began to fade and concern and fear crept in. On Wednesday I began spotting. After initial concern and a call to the nurse at my new Ob/gyn office I was reassured th...

Life with Two Littles

Well, we've had two babies for 7 weeks now. It finally feels like we've settled into a new normal. And let me tell you this normal is crazy. I've had so many ideas the past several weeks about things to blog. Clearly none of them contained enough content to become actual posts. That's just how my brain is now, all over the place. All. The. Time. Life with two littles under the age of one is a little insane. I'd like to be able to say that it's all fun all the time. If I did that I would be lying to you, so I'm not going to say that. This life definitely has its ups and good times, but there is also a fair amount of tears and screaming--from the babies and from us parents. The older of the two littles has had a hard go of life so far and my heart hurts for her when she is hurting because she is still struggling with trust and feeling safe. Due to this she has horrible screaming fits when she is tired or hungry. The poor girl, when she gets so tired she w...

500 Days

500 days. 500 days ago we brought home a precious little bundle of joy from the NICU. Much like any new family we were full of excitement and happiness over this little blessing. We had prepared a place for her in our home. We had clothes and a bed ready and waiting for her. We loved her from the moment we laid eyes on her. It has not been an easy 500 days. Some of those days, many of those days, were bittersweet. The days with caseworker visits, resource worker visits, licensing checks, biological family visits, staffings, and court hearings were not easy. Those days were the ones that reminded us that this little baby girl who we loved as our own was not ours. It was hard. But she was worth it. So we kept going. By God's grace we were able to love her through it all. It's now been 5 days since our last court hearing for her. The beginning of our forever. Our happily ever after. It was at court on April 18, 2017 that the bundle of joy who had been with us for 495 days ...